Sunday, April 01, 2007

Wisconsin ride and First fitness test of the year



I was up in Eau Claire this weekend and I finally got a ride in on saturday morning during just about the only two hours that it didn't rain the whole time we were up there. I found a route on routeslip that was near our hotel. I detoured off the route to go up to Elk Mound. I almost didn't make it up to the top with my 21 cog cassette on. It was really tough.



After Elk Mound i returned to the route and all was fine until the road that was supposed to be the turnaround point was not just gravel but mud. I had to back track and find another way home. I made it back with about a half hour to spare before the downpour started again.




Back home today i did my first fitness test of the year. After warming up you do 5 miles on the trainer at what is for me 168-170 bpm. I did part of my warmup riding around the block with the kids, put the bike on the trainer in the garage and did the test while the kids washed their bikes. I have yet to compare the results but i'm interested to see where i'm at compared to this point in my training calander last year.

No comments: