Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's been a while since i've posted anything so i'll give a couple updates.

Training: It's been a winter of starts and stops. Just when i seem to kick off my training something seems to happen that interrupts. I had started another study at gatorade which included 2 straight weeks of doing 1 1/2hrs at their lab. All was going well until i went to take a stress test and my blood pressure measured really high. That along with the rash i had gotten from the industrial cleaner they use to clean the showers at my work, was enough to boot me off the study. I'm still not sure what the bp thing was since it wasn't that high before or even 1 hour after the test but what can i do? I get to go back in a couple weeks and try again. More and more i'm realizing to try and really start my training program before i can get outside and ride is not really going to work. I'm doing weights, skating, and riding the trainer in the basement just trying to keep overall fitness and I'm doing a much better job than last year.

Ice Rink: The rink has been a disaster so far. Because of the dog putting a million holes in it, plus neighbor kids not being able to stay off it i was praying for a total thaw. Well i got it! So this past satuday i spent 6 hours on my hands and knees, covering every square inch of the liner. I used a whole roll of patch tape and still missed some. Fortunately i got some glue that works under water and i think patched most of the other holes. It's now flooded and we are having a good freeze. I think we should be ok in a couple of days.


Finally check out this. I'm sorry but doing a 100 miles on your rollers is nuts. What makes it even crazier is what time he started riding.

No comments: