Thursday, May 01, 2008

Harvard Time Trial

The time trial world is an interesting one. A world i'm not really a part of. Where else can you finish 3rd in the cat 3's race but would have been 8th in the 4/5 category. Weird.

All i can say is that i had fun but i am not about to start focusing on time trials. It was cold on sunday but by my 9:25 start time it wasn't too bad. There was a good wind coming from the south west which because of the course layout, meant that most of the course featured a headwind or a cross wind of some kind.

On the way out all you could muster was 22 or 23mph. It was tough. I held out pretty good but by the last 5k i couldn't keep my heartrate up and just couldn't keep digging that hard. It was nice to "podium" but if you look at the results there were a lot of riders in front of me.

I do say it was kind of fun to pass guys on full TT bikes with disc wheels on my road bike.

I finished with a time of 50:52 for the 33.3k.

Next up is Kenosha this weekend. It's lookin like i'm gonna attempt to double up and do 2 races. I've never done this before but i want to give it a try. It should be interesting.

No comments: