Thursday, April 15, 2010

Finally Racing

All I can say is I'm super excited for this weekend. At the start of this year I made it my mission to lose weight and as of Monday I have never weighed less than I do now since I started racing again in 2005. Actually it's been 15-20 years since I was this light.

This is all due to the decision to count calories this year. With all the weight I lost over the last 7 years I never counted calories. I just tried to eat better and also started riding a lot. Last season I found myself working both sat. and sun. again and I didn't know what races I would be able to do. I lost some motivation and as a result never got my weight down to where it normally gets during the summer.

After living thru 1 season of this work schedule I realized I can still race quit a bit so I've entered this season with a ton of motivation to do well. I've gotten real organized with my training and nutrition with the help of Trainingpeaks.com and have found the book "Racing Weight" to be an extremely helpful resource.

So finally after missing my first scheduled race due to the flu I'm finally racing this Sat. up in Durand, WI. Should be fun times. It's a 54 mile road race made up of 4 laps of a 13 mile rolling hills loop.

I can't wait.

No comments: