Saturday, November 02, 2013

Griffo and latex.



I used my new Challenge Griffo with a latex inner tube for the first time today. I ran a couple hot laps on my CX course near my house and I have to say it's pretty awesome. It's rained a lot the last day and a half and there was a good frost on the ground as well as tons of leaves. 

In comparison to the Fango and a butyl tube it gripped the off camber stuff really well. There's an incline we ride across and I was able to ride whatever line I wanted which in the past I haven't been able to do. I also did a lap with the pressure 3psi lower than I ever had and it felt amazing. 

I have yet to ever ride a tubular so I can't quite compare but for a clincher this is pretty amazing. I'll have to see if I can borrow a tubular wheel with a griffo to see if I'm even close to the feel of a tubular. 

No comments: