Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Outside ride today! / Tour of California

Well I've actually been a little sad about the warming temps because this winter i built a backyard ice rink and the whole family has had such a blast with it. Today temps were supposed to hit the 40's so I got my bike fixed up for the road and took it out. It turned out to be a beautiful day. It was right around 40 degrees and just as I started riding the clouds moved out so I had clear sky's the whole ride. You can see the route here. I took my time and really enjoyed it. The legs are stiff but little by little they are coming back.

I've been watching the coverage of the tour of california. It's been pretty great so far. I have to say the technology surrounding this race is incredible. I had 2 computers going watching the live coverage. On one i had the Amgen Tour Tracker showing live video with route and race descriptions overlayed. On the other computer I had Google Earth opened with CSC's live gps tracking on. It was pretty cool. At one point it looked like Levi Leipheimer had thown his transmitter out because it stopped moving with the field.

The Amgen site is quite amazing. I'm even finding more crazy things now.

Later

No comments: