Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The eagle flys

So today was a beautiful day. I had to ride to crystal lake to pick up my car from the shop but I took a detour out around union, IL as well as stopping by Wheelworks to get my wheel trued up. Coming back from Union i saw something i've never seen in these parts. A bald eagle. I first saw it flying to my right. It was big black bird with a white tail. I thought it looked like an eagle but I couldn't see it's head. It then turned to the left and when behind a barn and once it came out from behind the barn and crossed the road 50ft in front of me it was plain to see it was indeed an eagle. That's one of the things i love about riding. You never know what your going to see.

It hit 73 degrees today. Incredible. Even more so since they tell us that we will have snow flurries by thursday night. I'm going to take tomorrow off and then hopefully be able to commute to work on thursday and friday. Most likely I won't be able to ride at all on Saturday, and then race on sunday. The countdown begins.

No comments: