Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I hate icy cross walks

So today was the first day of the year that i got to commute by bike to work. Daylight savings time is finally here and the money i save by biking to work just gets higher and higher.

Well this morning temps were in the upper 20's and since yesterday was in the 40's there were some sketchy sections. About 1.5 miles from my house in downtown algonuqin, i was on rt31 and turning right on to a side street. I had slowed way down because of the conditions, and was doing everything i could. Things like make the turn before and after the crosswalk. Well as i hit the crosswalk my wheels went right out from underneath me, tyler farrar style, just not as fast. Somehow in the fall I bopped my chin on the pavement. Nothing too bad but it looks like i got in a bar fight with a really short person. After checking my bike out i continued to work very slowly, almost coming to a stop at every corner.

I came out pretty lucky. Scraped up chin, sore thumb and the obligatory small patch of rash on the hip are all i have to show for it. The thumb is the most annoying and i don't even know how that happened since it's the left thumb but i fell to my right.

And now my smiling mug.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you look beautiful!